Lets Talk

5/16/2011

" My Little Red Canoe" an Original Cigar Box Guitar Lap Slide Song

My Little Red Canoe This video is my 101st upload... and I'm more than pleased to be taking my maiden voyage on and in the LRC ... with a commemorative version of "My Little Red Canoe" (a bit of a vaudelville throwback number, I 'spose...:-) The LRC was custom made by Barry Evan Russ. Please visit his page at Cigar Box Nation and learn more about a truly amazing artist, craftsman, and a really wonderful person, in this cosmos! There are also pictures there, of this guitar...:-) This song, still one of my very very favorites:-) My Mom, responsible for my love of music, I heard her playing songs from my inception in the womb LOL... Later, in my childhood she made sure I had piano lessons, whether I wanted them or not...., and drove many miles, even dangerous long miles, to take me there and back. It was a "gift" that kept on giving as it planted a seed. This guitar is going to gift alot of happiness, and knowing my lil offerings go out and cause a smile, a laugh, maybe even a tear,...that to me, that is GOLDEN,,,,,and why I do this. The smile, joy factor. AND, it makes me feel good. much love to you all, I have many faithful listeners who I love dearly, I hope you can feel the love, when my replies fail. .......I cannot return to say thanks and comment today, or I won't get to make that bucket of ice cream! Thankyou, for watching, joining me here. XOs, Laurie dedicated to, and in loving memory of my Mom Eleanor Alice McAllister 7.10.1921 - 3.21.2010 My Little Red Canoe You ...

No comments:

Post a Comment